Sunday, December 16, 2007

Longwood Gardens














My daughter and I spent a lovely Friday evening at Longwood Gardens with my parents and sister, Deb. The only glitch was the horrendous traffic! We arrived with only 2 hours to spend eating, shopping and visiting the Conservatory and the grounds. Somehow we managed it. I added a bird ornament to my collection, it is so adorable with the sprig of holly in it's beak. (top photo-on my tree) I could have done a lot of damage in the giftshop, but only splurged on the $10 ornament. We had a quick but tasty meal in the cafe, and spent most of our time in the Conservatory. They used LED lights on the trees, which were really quite beautiful. My pic does not do it justice! A lot of double begonias in red and white were featured. I love paperwhites, these were used minimally. The pointsetta's were mostly a dusty pinkish color and IMHO were kind of drab looking. The orchid wreath was stunning. The best part of the evening was spending time with my family, of course!
Stay tuned, I'm working on several Christmas ATC's using the photo with the Christmas trees above. Hope to post them tonight. I'm feeling naughty not nice to give a hint..........

No comments:

Post a Comment