Sunday, March 28, 2010

Grab A Tissue-GPP Street Team Crusade #38

This month has been full of Art, in the Form Of Music, with very little time leftover for creating Art with paint and paper. But I've caught a moment here and there, in between Dr's appts, work and music. oh Yeah and Nails, can't forget the nails!! Inspiration Abounds and Awaits You with Michelle Ward's March Crusade. So here is the subject of this month's Crusade:
Here is the Journal Spread I came up with in the Short Bursts of Time I had to Create:


And this is how I got there:
Gesso'd the tissue and let dry overnight.
Painted and stamped the tissue.
Page before I wrote on it.
Tore out some stamped shapes and used Portfolio water soluble oil pastels to enhance.
Fake mirror piece taken from an old purse. Paint stamped and written on with Caran D'Ache.
Tissue painted pink and went over with Portfolio's. Added more painted tissues in layers. Some stamping on top.

Cut out and adhered shapes and made the colors more subtle. Wrote all over the pages:
A phrase from The Killer's song entitled "All These Things I've Done" has been running thru my head now for weeks. You've heard it- "I've got Soul but I'm not a Soldier". I've mentioned I'm at a crossroads with my health and this phrase just says it all to me. I've got the DESIRE but do I have what it takes -the gumption, the discipline, the perserverance to Make IT Happen. I hope so. Wish me Luck. xoSusan

10 comments:

  1. Susan - about playing together in NJ: I hope to facilitate that this year. Thanks for asking. Your pages: fabulous! Love the fleur de lis motif. Terrific colors. I love that you showed us the steps to getting here, and told us about the layers of meaning too. Very cool. Here's to making IT happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pages Susan !! You have really inspired me!! It has been so long since I have done a crusade and I miss them!
    Love all the color!!
    Hugs!
    E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice page. I love how it all came together in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome page, Sharon! And I DO think you have IT!!! You CAN do it!!! I'm sending good vibes and energy! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did it again, fabulous pages. Thanks so much for showing how you did it all. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantabulous spread, my friend ! The play by play was great - and the addition of the fake mirror was brilliant - on the search for a couple of pieces of those myself now.
    Wishing you more than luck - knowing that the incredibly powerful woman that you are has everything she needs within her to fight her way through...
    Big love, beautiful One.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pages are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pages are so great !! love the details .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Susan, the pages are awesome, I love the colour choices, and the writting. Isn't it funny how a phrase will stay with you sometimes. Hope you are feeling better.
    I know you can do this. I know it hard. Give it your best shot, I'm here if you need.

    hugs, big hugs,
    pb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout! Thanks for the instructions too - I always see more depth in a piece when I can understand how it was made.

    ReplyDelete