Sunday, November 18, 2007

ATC Muse in Overdrive


My second Saturday ATC is titled "profoundly lonely", a phrase from a fantastic book, "Kissing in Manhattan" by David Schickler. I'm a voracious reader, and keep a notebook of my favorite phrases and quotes. My daughter is reading "Treasure Island" for school and tonight we found the phrase "poisonous brightness". Isn't that wonderful!! I must create an ATC with that soon!


Back to this ATC! Background is game board with stamped circles using gesso. Next, a light wash of Hansa yellow, then colored with Portfolio oil based pastels. Words from an old dictionary and a stamp from Diva's E'Este. Voila! In case you're worried, "profoundly lonely" is not how I'm feeling right now, but I think the bird-riding man probably struggles with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment