Friday, August 21, 2009

Autumn in New York

ohhhhhh, I'm so excited. I'm taking a workshop from Incredible Artist, Lynne Perrella. The workshop is in October in New York City, sponsered by The Ink Pad. Here is the link for details: http://theinkpadnyc.com/classes.php#mixedmedia.

I'm going by train, and cab, lugging a tool kit. I'll be the one scared and lost but determined. Never done the train alone, NEVER hailed a cab, Never been to NYC alone. This is a real growth experience for me on MANY levels, before I even get to the ART! Lynne is also doing a Saturday workshop, but I have to work, and anyway couldn't afford to do both. Where is that damn Homestead Rebate anyway??? Part of the supply list is of course, medieval images. I have been having the best time searching for copyright free images and found some great ones. Some of my sources for these images are Dover, Karen's Whimsy, The New York Public Digital Library. Always check the copyright info before using ANY images found on line (or anywhere else for that matter) in your own Art, especially if your intention is to sell the work. If you are interested in this subject please join the "Stop Art Piracy Campaign" group on flickr. The members do not have all the answers, we are not on a witch hunt, we are a group interested in sharing information and keeping ourselves up to date on copyright issues. So that said, here are a few Medieval Images to share with you:



OOPS!!!! How did that get there??? I know all you lovely ladies who have commented think Javier is looking at YOU, however I know for a fact He Lova Me!!!! now back to the topic at hand:














Hope you enjoyed this blast from the Medieval Past. I'm sure I'll be posting more photos as I get more prepared for class. Now I'm off to set up my Brand Spanking New Epson C88 printer!!! Guess what, It's been Discontinued.....what is it with Me and Discontinued Products??? wait, I don't think I want to know. Can you blame me for hoarding my favorite lipstick now??? I think not. I think not. xoSusan

4 comments:

  1. You are so lucky ! I was lucky enough to take a class with Lynne and Anne Bagby in Mexico three winters ago and I loved it ! Lynne is a great teacher and so inspiring ! How fantastic that you are taking yourself on this art adventure.
    Great images - Karen's Whimsy is a great source, isn't it ?
    I don't know...I think Javier lovesa lotsa wooman, 'cause he's a lot a-man, no ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SOOOO ENVIOUS! LOVE LYNN'S WORK. YOU ARE REALLY LUCKY TO LIVE SO CLOSE TO THE ART MECA OF THE WORLD. I WOULD BE TERRIFIED TO GO INTO THE CITY ALONE, SO YOU WILL BE IN MY PRAYERS AS YOU MAKE YOUR TREK. HOW FUN FUN FUN.
    OK THE BRUNETTE THING IS GOOD ON YOU. I'M A BRUNETTE TOO. SO THERE.

    PB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commented on Javier in the post above, but forgot I wanted to say, I cannot wait to hear about the Lynne Perella class. I am so envious and so proud of you for making the arrangements to take the class. You will be so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I just found you (via Tumble Fish Studio's blog) and I am greeeeeeeeeen with envy about your upcoming adventure - how awesome!!

    So understand what you mean about fave products being discontinued... U just had to buy a new printer (cheapy Kodak this time) because no one could fix my Canon. Grrr!

    Thanks for sharing those images, too :-)

    ReplyDelete