Sunday, August 9, 2009

It's A Secret

Just got over a BORING 2+ Hour power outtage. Got real hot in here. Thank goodness all the important prep for going back to work ie, laundry, ironing, cooking was finished. Read my book, took a nap, woke up inspired to create, heard a weird hum and it went black. Dammit, why didn't I put off that nap. Know what I did instead of creating?? took a looooong shower, deep conditioned my hair, did my nails by candlelight, moisturized everything. I don't usually take the time to do that stuff. So tomorrow I'm going to look especially well, buffed and groomed. No one will recognize me!!! Yesterday the muse was kicking, I completed one ATC and started 4 others. I have been so inspired by the amazing artists in blogland. Because of the talent out there, I've noticed that I am taking more time and care with my Art. All you Artists are making me make, well, cleaner Art. There are a lot less glue blobs on my ATC's. teehee. Seriously though, each and everyone of you gals on my blogroll are an inspiration. Oh uh, PMS alert I'm getting all, well, moved and shit. teehee.



Anyhoo, I spent a lot of time and care on this one because it is a gift for a very special Artist Friend. I can't tell you who, yet, cuz I haven't mailed it to her yet. Can you guess who? This one uses my own handmade painted background, part of a rubber stamp, german scrap, Marvy markers, and the words are from one of those magnetic poetry kits. They are great, if you ever see one at a yard sale, snap it up. The words are easy to cut down with tin snips.

I have become enamoured of my rubber stamps again. They fell by the wayside with the advent of Purell Transfers. I'm not using that technique until I buy a new Epson printer that is Compatable with the Apollo 7039 and Purell. Huge HUGS and SHOUTS go out to Andre for giving me this INVALUABLE information. He and I are both COMICALLY Addicted to transfers. Here's another dirty little secret, I have a hard time thinking outside the box. I just started "experimenting" with stamps, using portions, cutting them up and well, altering the results. The advent of a new addiction I think......xoSusan

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice time when your power was off. Sounds relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too experienced a power outage. Bad storms came through, so we had some time in the dark here. I can't get into what I did to pass the time as this is public domain... :) I'm glad you love your rubber stamps again. I'm sure they missed you. hugs to you,
    ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat ATC Susan! I love that german scrap addition:) I can't wait to see what comes out of your new addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been a busy girl again. Glad to hear you are growing in your art, it shows. I need a day of pampering too.

    pb

    ReplyDelete