Saturday, February 23, 2008

Broken and Mending





Introducing my new favorite possession! Hand-crafted for me by polymer clay artist, Tejae Floyde. Here is a link to her estsy site. Don't worry, Tejae has more hearts and charms available!



My 1" x 1" inch charm is much lovlier in person. My camera does not do it justice. Here is a closeup:


I heart the back, too!
Visit Tejae's blog for much beauty and inspiration. Her encased hearts are stunning. I am wearing my broken and mended heart on a ball chain. It falls right over my heart and has a comfortable weight to help me to remember: that what was once broken, can mend. Thank you, Tejae!


My new charm was just the beginning of a great day for me. To celebrate my daughters 14th birthday, we went to Mulberry Tea Room in Medford. We had the Queen's High Tea. Everyone received thier own pot of tea. I chose Rosy Earl Grey and it was very good. I tend to like black teas much more than flavored or citrus teas. Here is my girl with Aunt Robin:
Closing my day now with art. Finished gel mediuming all the hooks on to the fatbook pages and ATC's. Here they are drying:
Next up, 12" x 12" canvas, don't know where it's heading, but love the colors:
Broke out my Stewart Gill paints for this one. Broke the bank and bought a set of 16 at Art and Soul last year. Texture on canvas by Golden Molding Paste. I think I'll cut ATC's out of black matt board for more trades for Virginia. I got some cool shell shaped corners from Bonnies Best Art Tools that I'm dying to use and are in keeping with the A and S theme this year, "By the Sea".

No comments:

Post a Comment