Sunday, December 20, 2009

Comic Book Frame

Joe's frame is finished. I like the distressed look, but do wish the transfers came out a little sharper. I want to control the Grunge not be at Grunge's mercy. Can you feel me?? Here it is:


That's Joe, my mom, my sister Deb, and my sister Linda. Seated in front is Joe's wife, Erin. I used these rubber stamps to pimp up the alcohol transfers from transparency transferred onto the canvas frame:
I am in love with this stamp, I wish it came in half this size for ATC use. Anybody know of one similiar? Here is the back. After I took this pic, I painted that white portion under the flap:
The final Christmas present completed during the blizzard. Feels good to have it done and be relatively pleased with it, freaky perfectionism aside. teehee. Next week will be nutty for shopping since Sat and Sun were too snowy to venture out. I have to go to the grocery store and the book store besides work of course.Unless of course we get another blizzard. xoSusan

4 comments:

  1. Oh Susan, I really like this a lot! I'm sure your gift will get many oooooh's and aahhhh's *smiles8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that frame AND the stamps! He's gonna LOVE it! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fantastic! You really nailed it Susan. How lucky is Joe? There will be no other gift with as much love as you have put into this. I ENVY your abiblity in gift giving. You have a very big heart girl.

    pb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanted to send along some wishes for a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    Love that frame! Simply perfect!

    Hugs, Gaby

    ReplyDelete