Friday, October 9, 2009

Self-Pity and Regret

Ok, Here they are in all their Awfulness, the Two Words that are my Personal Passwords to Hell.
This is Nowhere near done. Lots of layers of paint here, magazine arms and words, pencil highlights. When I get depressed it's because of these 2 Evil Feelings. I start overthinking and shoulding on myself. Seriously, if I knew then what I know now, things would be so freakin different. But isn't it weird that we struggle with seeing clearly In The Now. So 5 years years from now when I get depressed I'll wish I was doing Now different, right? Who knows, it's mostly a crapshoot. I have brief windows of clarity due to acquired wisdom. Sometimes I even think before I speak. Gee. I hope I don't regret sharing my deep dark secrets someday, teehee.......xoSusan

4 comments:

  1. Amazing work of art- really great up close- wonderful textured background. Fantastic that you confront these words boldly and upfront - powerful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is going to be spectacular and provocative when it is done. You are a brave and tenacious woman to focus on the stuff a lot of us sweep under the rug. We are a sum of our experiences and we wouldn't be who we are today without every single one of the mistakes or shouldas or couldas or dids or didn'ts. So examining things is good, making them into art healing, but beating yourself up with them is not good. So be good to you. I like who you are today and I'm thankful for whatever made you this way. I love the deep rich passionate piece here my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to hear from you. I have been MIA for the past few months. Talk about pain! Oh, Friend...I have had my share. Therefore, I've had no energy to keep up with my blog. Happy to know my friends have not forgotten about me. We are going away until late Sunday evening...but the stamping workshop sounds like fun. Wow. I wish we could meet up this weekend. But November will be fine with me. Let's plan on that. Meanwhile, I'd love to write you an email. I have a feeling we would have a lot to "chat" about...What is your email address?
    Hope you are well, too. Hugs!
    -Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a visceral response when I saw this piece - it's both stunning and provocative. Makes you think and feel. BRAVO! Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete