Sunday, June 28, 2009

Close Up ATC's



Practicing with more Purell transfers. The first 2 are done using an old game board as the substrate, bleached and stamped cardstock, purell transfer from Apollo transparency, dymo word printer thingy. This first one is inspired by Green Day's song, She.


The next one is from a song by Andrew Jackson Jihad called Scenesters. I couldn't find a good link. They remind of my punk rock filled youth. sigh. **Disclaimer**the lyrics below may be offensive to the faint of heart. Hey, I didn't write it, but I wish I had. teehee






Oh my god there's scenesters everywhere



With their hair gel and their vintage t-shirts



Why didn't the shins come to phoenix?And why didn't mirah come to phoenix?



Because the modified is too small



And the marquis is too big



And the complex is rightfully dead



And the hipsters with their snide comments



and aversion to applause



Oh my god hardcore kids everywhere



With their hair gel and their color green



How do they look so good



while their convictions remain so strong?



Because their hair gel that they use



isn't tested on animals



And their swallow tattoos are fucking lame



And cocaine is essentially vegan



And they don't give a fuck anyway



They're so vain, and yes, this song is about them



Oh my god post-hardcore kids everywhere



With their violence and pomposity



So fucking straightedge getting high off of self-righteousness



And praying to a sideways cross



So urban, so infantile, so angry, so young, and so poor



They don't need to use a crutch 'cuz they've got the wheelchair



Oh my god there's assholes everywhere



Pretentious fucking assholes everywhere



Oh my god there's assholes everywhere



Pretentious judgmental assholes everywhere

And the last close up ATC uses a magazine page, glimmer mist, words from a book, cheap crayola watercolor markers:
Hey, I warned you in the title of my blog. Low Brow. Inspired by Pain. But Tempered With Humor. xoSusan

1 comment:

  1. What can I say. Amazing, love the Touch Me Not.I read somwhere you can do the purell transfer with Sheer Heaven. Might give it a try seeing as we can't get Apollo here.

    ReplyDelete