Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Wood Brothers

Thursday kicked off an amazing weekend of Music. First up, The Wood Brothers appearing at Triumph Brewery in New Hope, PA. How were our seats? you decide:








Pretty Damn Good Seats. If you would like to hear TWB click on the arrow below the black screen. The first video is "Lovin Arms" and the second is "Pray Enough".




Saturday night was My Hero, Mr. Buddy Guy with BB King. I saw Buddy once as part of The Experience Hendrix tour, but he did not play his own songs, of course. Buddy was Awesome. He was funny, played slamming guitar and That Voice......sigh......and no, I did not toss my panties on stage, I was too far away. The speck in the spotlight is Buddy. He was terrific and was worth the price of the ticket. Next time, I'm getting better seats. I hope to see him again this year.


I know B.B. King is a living legend. He is 84 years old and I appreciate his talent and his HUGE contribution to The Blues. However, he needs to retire and like the day before yesterday. He played one song. ONE. Then he proceeded to talk about "the ladies" and the ladies came up to the stage and took his picture, and he loved it. Yes, he's paid his musical dues, but I wanted to hear him play, not hear boring chit chat. If he had talked about his musical history that would have been one thing.....We left before it was over, we almost fell asleep. I bet Buddy was in bed too. xoSusan

4 comments:

  1. Great seats you had on Thursday night!

    I hope when I'm 84 years old that my true friends tell me when I need to "hang it up" with whatever it is (I might be doing at 84) that would put someone to sleep. That is, unless I have a love interest by then and, well . . . LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we saw bb about 10 years ago and were less than impressed even tho he played more than one song. and i saw johnny lee hooker when he was well over 80 & he was still great....so i think it's a bb thing. glad that buddy guy was as good as you hoped, tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Marianne, you got to see John Lee Hooker!! you lucky girl, now if you tell me you saw Stevie Ray Vaughn too, I'm going to DIE of ENVY!!! xoSusan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You got to see two legends! I LOVE the blues!!! Too bad that BB only played one song. We saw him about 15 years ago. He actually played at one of the local high schools, and it was one of the BEST shows I've ever seen. We waited to see him after the show, and he was SO gracious to my son (a teenager at the time). When one of his henchmen wanted us to move along, BB waved him away to talk to Jay. It was awesome!!!! And New Hope, Pa!!! Holy Cow! I was raised in Mercer County, NJ, and New Hope was a hangout back in my hippie days!!! Hugs, Terri xoxox

    ReplyDelete