Sunday, October 21, 2007

Inkjet Gel Transfers


I'm having difficulty with inkjet transfers. Once I add the transfer medium, in this case I used Golden Soft Gel Gloss, the picture gets pinkish. Does anyone know why this happens, and if so, how can I prevent it? Today I applied for membership to an inkjet transfer yahoo group. I obviously need it! I will post the link if I am accepted for membership. The ballerina images are from The New York Public Library Digital Gallery. The above images are from the collection titled: 500 years of Italian Dance: Treasures from the Cia Fornaroli Collection. Low resolution images can be downloaded from the site for personal use. My intended use is pretty personal, a Christmas present for my sister, Linda! My sister was a ballerina in her youth and is enamoured of everything Italian. As am I, but thats a story for another day! At first I thought I would use an image of her from her dancing days, but as I spent more time with the canvas, I decided that an older image suits the surface. The ballerina's are from the late 1800's. Now which one do I pick?

No comments:

Post a Comment