Monday, January 7, 2008

Winter White

Our January challenge at my arttechniquesATCs yahoo group is "white". Boy, was I stumped. I'm not very inspired by white. Well, that's why it's called a challenge! I got to thinking about the color white and eventually started remembering winters in Ohio. My family lived in Ohio for about 6 years. I have never encountered snow as heavy or as beautiful since. My ATC is inspired by the memories of wide expanses of land bordered with green snow fencing bending this way and that under the weight of all that snow. It could get so cold that your clothes felt wet. The top layer of snow crunched when you stepped on it and glittered in the light.

Unfortunately the scanner does not pick up the sparkle of the glass glitter. I painted craft sticks with Goldens Phalo Green followed by Delta Crackle medium, topped with white paint. The snowdrift is Golden's Molding Paste. Light grey wash on watercolor paper base. Puffy white paint snowballs. I thought about adding thin wire to connect the fence posts after I already glued them down. Next time!

3 comments:

  1. I love your winter white!
    I'm trying to think of something to do for this challenge, I'm new to that group.

    Great blog.

    Viki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice icy white ATC, enjoyed your telling of snow memories in OH too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative! I'm a newbie, and am looking to you for help in these coming early months. I love your blog!
    Deb
    http://lavenroseramblings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete