Sunday, January 25, 2009

Who Are You And What Have You Done With My Daughter?

My daughter wanted to cut her hair off and dye it black. This mom with damaged hair from highlighting it way too often and who was sporting 4" of roots due to tight money issues said yes and no. Yes to the cut and the financial commitment to maintain that cut every 5 weeks and NO to the dye. I remember being a teenager, and how you are never happy with what you've got. However, sometimes it seems like these kids wake up and say, "now what can I do to make myself look ugly?". Yeah, I know, pretty soon I'll be yelling at the kids to "keep off my grass".
Anyway, due to the fact that I hadn't been to a salon since the 6 hour beauty school debacle, which was like 5 months ago, I saw 2" of my crowning glory hit the floor. My grandma used to call it that. Here is a fatbook page I did about the origin of my "artyness".

That's Grandma and I in the heart. She started it!!! The Fat Book was for Art and Soul. In the spirit of continuity I'll show you the back:

Anyhoo, back to the all important topic: HAIR. Sat am Sam and I drove to the salon minutes away. Guess what I discovered on the way. My Favorite Antique Store is Gone. The building is empty and forlorn looking. I felt like I got kicked in the gut. I spent a lot of hours there, sitting on the floor, looking through old books and photos. I spent the occasional $50 there, but never more than that. I guess no one else did either. I will miss them. A LOT.


Anyhoo, for the second time, back to HAIR: So we arrive at the salon. I begin to be highlighted. Sam is so nervous about cutting off all her hair, she said "I feel like I am going to projectile vomit all over the stylist." I kid you not. This is my Honors English girl.


Here are her Before shots:


Drum Roll please.....The Afters:

I think she is channeling Audrey Hepburn! We love it!!

Oh and mine looks good, too. Shorter but healthier and now the top matches the bottom!

xoSusan

3 comments:

  1. She is beautiful. I love the long hair and the short hair is stunning, too. Not too many people can carry off a short hair cut like that. My girl is four now...and she told me she wishes she had, "blue hair like Coraline" the other day...I guess she's seen the commercials for the upcoming movie. Uh, oh...I'm holding my breath thinking of the teen years to come!!!
    Hugs,
    Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks adorable both before and after. Love the short hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tori says "she looks freaking amazing!" What a beautiful girl. Her eyes are huge (can I say gamine? I can, can't I?)

    ReplyDelete