Friday, January 9, 2009

I Bring You Tidings Of Great Trade

In an effort to thin out my "stuff", I decided to start trading "stuff" I have collected that I know I will never use. In this particular case the trade of the 2 quilts square kits comes from the knowledge I have acquired over time that sewing is EVIL. My sewing machine is a diabolical device with a mind of it's own gathering dust in the corner. I am in awe of all the artists that can tame this instrument of EVIL. I salute you.

I traded the kits with
Sherry for A LOT of my favorite things: wonderful paper and ephemera for ATC's. Sherry generously sent many goodies that I will have so much fun creating with. The first is THE BEST VINTAGE AD I have ever seen:

It stops B.O. !!! What more could a girl want?? Sherry also include an adorable original ATC, ATC backgrounds (one of which I am working with now), rusty bits, lots of paper ephemera, an S diecut, along with piece of paper with a Philadelphia map.




Now how classy is that, being that my name begins with S and I am a hop skip and a jump from Philadelphia. Sherry took the time to personalize and beautifully package this trade, and for that I am grateful and humbled. My camera does not do it justice. Also included were two of Sherry's PUBLISHED articles teaching the accompanying artwork. Be impressed, be very impressed.



Thanks again, Sherry!

1 comment:

  1. Oh MY! I'm over here (in California) blushing and awwww-ing. I've never had a whole blog post dedicated to me. Now how cool/sweet is THAT?!

    You are very welcome Susan. I'm glad you got a kick out of that B.O. ad. That's a crack up huh?! I knew you would appreciate the humor of it all *hee hee*.

    Stop by - I'm having a Give-Away that ends tonight!

    ReplyDelete