Monday, May 25, 2009

Swamped



This is how I have been feeling a lot lately. I started a list of things that I am swamped by and deleted it. It was very banal. My problems are not big ones, I am thankful for that, not complaining here. The other day at work I was venting to a co-worker who is also a good friend, about my messy house, feeling artistically blocked, refinancing the house, can't save any money, etc. And she replied, "I know how you feel. My Mother is taking care of her brother who has liver cancer and is in hospice between her own chemotherapy treatments. My dad can't be home alone because of his dementia and my sister and I are taking turns caring for him. " Holy Hell Batman, I felt ashamed. I apologized profusely and asked her why she let me blather on about my issues which don't amount to a hill of beans. She replied, "Because you're my friend." Now there is a concept I can grasp. xoSusan

1 comment: