Saturday, May 2, 2009

You Ain't Worth Shooting

New canvas named after a lyric in an old blues song. This was my first foray into beeswax. I am happily surprised by the results. I have finally finished one of the sneak peek posts!!! yeah !!!! Here is a pic of the work in progress: I used a stretched canvas covered in tissues and washes of acrylics. Added two shooting woman transparencies and a vintage postcard. Some tissue images of lovers, an image of a gunshot wounded heart, wooden die cut guns, antique doilie, embossing powders, crackle paint, rub n buff, molding paste,rub on, walnut ink, broken jewelry and wax, of course!
Here are detail photos:




Here is the completed canvas:
I wish the composition was a little different, in my head I was just playing around. I really like it though. Maybe it will be my first listing on etsy. Should I do etsy?? I'm not prolific enuf, unless I sell my ATC's and call them ACEO's. They ARE one of a kind....hmm food for thought.......xoSusan

6 comments:

  1. I really adore this! The colors are fantastic and all the embellishments make it just perfect.
    You are so talented.
    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Susan. Go for Etsy. Hey, if you're rare, maybe you'll just become 'sought after.' "The elusive Susan . . . "

    You never know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your canvas Susan! Definately do Etsy....your stuff will sell!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is amazing work! Playing is the best way to make art - it always turns out the best! Yes, open an Etsy! Sometimes I think I make too much and people just wait for the next piece to buy something and then they wait again . . . . or I stink at it, I'm not sure. So aloof might be good. I'm about to consider selling ACEO's too. I was an ATC purist for a long time, but I'm considering it. It's a great un-intimidating way to make and put your art out there for sale. Anyway, open your Etsy - it only costs you 20 cents when you list, not much to lose.

    Love this piece! Great work!
    marsha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again! I left something for you on my blog. Be sure to read to the bottom of the "I'm a lucky girl" post. Enjoy.
    marsha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your art and sense of humour. Came by your blog through Tumble Fish and so glad I did. I can relate to the menopause thing, pause from men. Think about it!

    ReplyDelete